The roof over your home is not just one structure; it’s actually composed of different subsystems that each play a critical role in protecting your property from the elements. In addition to proper weather protection, these same parts also help in defining the overall design of your roofing system.
Ridgeline Construction Roofing & Exteriors, one of the top roofing companies in your neighborhood, looks at these design components so you know what to prioritize if you want to improve the aesthetics of your roof:
1. Ridge — This is the highest point or peak of the roof and arguably the most defining part of your entire roofing system since it stands from the rest of the parts. Your roofer should install ridge cap shingles at the very peak to add an extra protective layer on an otherwise vulnerable part of the roof and complement the aesthetic appeal of the roofing system.
2. Hip — This is the high point where two adjoining roof sections meet and is one of the places most likely to suffer leaks if not properly maintained. That’s why roof replacement contractors usually install protective barriers along these parts of your roof.
3. Valley — This refers to the design element characterized by two sections of the roof sloping downward and meeting.
4. Pitch — This is what roofers refer to as the slope or steepness of the roof, and is usually dependent on the architectural style of your home.
5. Eaves — When you look at your roof, you should see a part that hangs over the rest of your home. This is called the eaves.
6. Gables — These are what you call the portion of the wall between the edges of intersecting roof pitches. They are usually triangular in shape, especially in classical homes.
7. Dormer — These sections extrude from the roof and are usually added as a way to naturally light up an attic or the upper level of your home.
Ridgeline Construction Roofing & Exteriors stands out from other roof repair companies, thanks to our years of experience and affiliations with multiple industry-leading manufacturers. These ensure that we deliver nothing but complete satisfaction with every job that we do. Call us now, or fill out our contact form. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly.